5 Blitz Facts about Tequila
One of the greatest exports of Mexico and perhaps, our greatest companion on a night out is Tequila. The drink which was produced as far back as the 16th Century near the city of Tequila has cemented itself as a highly popular drink in the UK for many years now.
Here are some quick facts about Tequila that you may have not known.
- In Mexico, tequila is drunk without salt or lime.
- Tequila is not made from Cactus. Blue agave, the plant which tequila is made from, is from the Lily family….. *mind blown*
- Much work of making the drink is done by hand. Agave is hand selected for harvest and then harvested by hand.
- Tequila is to be sipped like a glass of wine, and not downed as a shot.
- Some tequila like Patron, is made using ancient methods.
So there you have, 5 short and quick facts about tequila. I still cannot believe they’re not made from cactii!